November 1, 2012

Mid-week Morsel: A Healthier Halloween



Halloween; an evening full of costumes, trick-or-treating, and of course candy!  What do kids want to do as soon as they get home?  Eat the as much of the candy as possible.  My daughter is no different.  However, to my surprise, when we emptied her bag to choose what to eat first, I found some healthier choices.  What was even more surprising was that she actually chose the healthy options first.  I kind of expected to find some popcorn, which we did.  It has become the standard alternative to giving out candy, at least where we usually trick-or-treat.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a pouch of Peter Rabbit Organics puree, and a Ritz Crackers'n Cheez Handi-Snack.  I suppose in this case, one could say it was a treat to find some healthier options in the candy bag.  What healthier choices did you find in your candy bag?  What healthy options did you give out to the goblins and ghouls in your neighborhood?  What ideas do you have to share for next year?

Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you live the good life?