April 6, 2013

My 5 Favorite Apps (for Math)




Earlier this week I said that April is Poetry Month.  However, it is also National Math Awareness Month.  I decided this was the perfect time to bring back the My 5 Favorite Apps list.  So many of us are always on the go these days.  Take advantage of the free time your children have while they are riding in the car, or sitting in a waiting room and download these free apps so they can get some math practice.  As before, I have an Android phone, but I've done my best to find the iPhone version of each app.

5.  Math Workout - What I like about Math Workout is that it is 20 fast-paced questions.  It is simple and no frills, which makes it great for sneaking in a quick practice.  Here is Math Workout on iTunes.
4.  Math Attack - A great multiple choice math practice game that can include multiple operands.  Unfortunately, I did not find this game, or a comparable  alternative, on iTunes.
3.  Math Pack - As a mom, this is my favorite math app.  Math Pack goes way beyond simple flash cards.  There are options for division rules, fractions, decimals, and more!  It covers math from kindergarten through 8th grade, which makes it great for older kids too.  I did find Math Pack on iTunes, however it costs $0.99 there.
2.  Math Space - My daughter enjoys this game.  It's kind of like Asteroid meets math practice.  A math problem appears at the top of the screen.  Tap the corresponding enemy fighter to destroy it.  I did not find Math Space on iTunes, however Brain Warp appears to be similar.
1.  Math Race - This is my daughter's favorite math app.  She chose this as number 1.  It's a simple concept; correct answers power your vehicle.  The more questions you get right, and the faster you enter them, the better your race car does.  There is also the option to simply race as a nice brain break from math.  I did not find Math Race on iTunes, however Math Racing looks like a good replacement.





What apps can you recommend for math practice?  Comment below to share.

Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you live the good life?