June 8, 2013

"Hand"made Father's Day Gifts

Father's Day is almost here, and like many Moms I find myself wondering what gift to give my husband.  He's a very practical kind of guy.  He doesn't need a lot of extras.  If he does need something, he buys it.  Naturally, my thoughts turned to handmade gifts.  Surely, there is something the kids and I can make for him.  After all, handmade gifts are always more special than anything store-bought.  After a few Google searches, and browsing a few Pinterest boards it hit me...we should make him a "hand"made gift; a gift made up of the kids' hands.  It's perfect!  The kids will only be this age and size once.  Next year they will be older and bigger.  As they continue to grow, this gift will become more and more special.  I've put together a list of ideas for budget friendly gifts created by children's hands you can make for the special father in your life.  I'll start the list off with our gift this year.   I put letter stickers on the cardstock (be careful not to press them on too hard), painted the kids' hands, and pressed them over top of the stickers.  Then I carefully peeled away the stickers to reveal the negative space letters.  Three $2.50 frames from our local dollar store, and mats made out of construction paper make this a fun and affordable gift.  (Oh, and if you don't have enough hands for each letter, consider painting a heart over the "a" instead of a third hand.)



Dad Handprint Wall Art









What about you?  What are you giving for Father's Day this year?  Are you buying a gift or making one?  If you are making a gift, please share it with everyone in the comments below.

Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you live the good life?