May 1, 2013

Mid-week Morsel: Frosty Joe Recipe

As warmer weather creeps in, I can't help but think about warm weather treats. Right now, one of my favorites is the Frosty Joe.  It is a recipe I came up with that's cold,  refreshing, and satisfies your coffee craving all at the same time,  Best of all, it's super simple!  Make a tray of coffee ice cubes.  (These are a staple in my house when it's hot outside.)  TIP:  add ground cinnamon to your coffee grounds for fabulous cinnamon flavored coffee.  Place 6-12 of your frozen coffee cubes in the blender, depending on how many servings you are making.  Blend the cubes until they are ice shavings.  Add 2-3 scoops of ice cream and sugar to taste.  I used one spoonful of sugar (my coffee cubes were very strong.)  Blend again until a Frosty-like consistency is reached.  Pour into a frosty mug, and top with a dollop of whipped cream & some chocolate shavings.  I'd tell you to serve it immediately because they melt fast, but you're probably eating it already anyway.  Enjoy!

Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you live the good life?