February 23, 2013

A Hot and Chocolaty Breakfast

I have a new favorite hot breakfast; chocolate rice. I think I need a catchier name for it, though.  It doesn't sound that appealing. You should have seen the grossed out faces when I asked the kids to be my guinea pigs and then described my idea yesterday morning.  They were very hesitant at first, but their attitudes changed very quickly after the chocolaty aroma started drifting up the stairs.  The taste reminds me of CoCo Wheats, but without any unknown ingredients & I can control the amount of sugar.  Here's how I made it:

Prepare your favorite brand of white long grain rice following the directions on the package.  Add one square of Lindt 90% Cocoa Supreme Dark chocolate (or any other very dark chocolate) for every 1/2 cup of uncooked rice.  When the rice is done steaming, add one tablespoon each of butter and sugar for every 1/2 cup of uncooked rice. You may wish to add slightly more or less sugar depending on your taste, but remember the chocolate is very bitter.  Also, you can use a sugar alternative if you don't eat sugar.

It's a very simple recipe.  But then again, isn't it the simple things that make it the good life? Enjoy, and stay warm today!

Karissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you live the good life?